McManus & Felsen provides legal advice and support at every stage of the construction process.
- At the beginning of a project, we help our clients prepare bid documents and contract forms and review requests for proposals, offering advice on bid submissions.
- Throughout the negotiation and performance of contracts, we work with our clients to anticipate potential problems and to minimize risk. We rely on our thorough understanding of our clients’ projects and specific needs, as well as our knowledge of emerging industry issues.
- When issues cannot be resolved, our team is prepared to litigate construction disputes of any size and complexity, and our lawyers have extensive experience in state and federal courts and domestic and international arbitrations.
Our contract-drafting team drafts and negotiates an array of construction contracts, including, among others, the following agreements:
- Project Management,
- Development Management,
- Contractor-Subcontractor, and
- Owner-Construction Manager at Risk.
We have experience with contracts for all types of project-delivery methods, including design-bid-build, design-build, collaborative (lean and integrated), and multiple prime. We set ourselves apart from competitors by staying on top of industry trends and best practices, using that knowledge to help our clients develop the most advantageous contracts.
Disputes arise on most construction projects, and while we work with our clients to explore and evaluate settlement opportunities as they arise, these disputes often result in litigation. Construction disputes present unique legal issues and often require a detailed examination and understanding of technical construction issues, placing a premium on construction knowledge and experience. Our lawyers possess that knowledge, and have a wealth of experience litigating cases in state and federal court and domestic and international arbitrations. Because all of our lawyers focus on construction law, we have the resources to handle cases of any size and complexity.