Our attorneys use their knowledge of suretyship law when asserting claims against sureties and defending them. We routinely advise our clients on surety-related issues, including the following:
- Federal Miller Act Claims,
- State “Little Miller Act” Claims,
- performance- and payment-bond issues,
- the impact of default terminations,
- surety defenses, and
- the suretyship implications of bankruptcy.
Few attorneys in the United States have the breadth of experience in the practice of suretyship law than McManus & Felsen’s Dan Toomey. Dan is an active member of the American Bar Association’s Fidelity and Surety Law Committee, and he has defended scores of major bond claims. He is a premier litigator in the American College of Trial Lawyers. See his profile here.